8 Great Places to Play in Delaware
The second Saturday in June is National Family Health and Fitness Day. In Delaware, there are plenty of places where you can get fit, spend quality time with your family, and still have fun! Here are 8 spots perfect for the whole family to enjoy:
- Enjoy some friendly competition with the family at Viking Golf Theme Park on Fenwick Island.
- Have some fun in Newark at the Pond Ice Arena where you can skate at any point in the year.
- Go discover the outdoors on the Abbotts Mill Nature Center in Milford.
- Enjoy sunbathing, boardwalks, or try out Funland at Rehoboth Beach.
- Lums Pond State Park has the largest freshwater pond in Bear, Delaware. Hike, bike, boat, fish, climb rocks, or play disc golf or even horseshoes!
- Also in Bear there is Go Ape Lums Pond State Park where you can navigate through treetops with your family with beautiful ziplines!
- Try treasure hunting in Georgetown at the Treasures of the Sea Exhibit.
- Cape Henlopen State Park is a great place for families to swim and camp. Add a little history to your adventure and take a tour of Fort Miles.
If you have any questions about other healthy ways to get your family to get out and play, be sure to call the Help Me Grow 2-1-1 line, or a text message of your zip code to 898-211. Help Me Grow 2-1-1 will set you up with a specialist to help answer any questions or address any concerns.