QT30: Fourth of July fireworks!
The best part of your day is the time you spend with your child. Spend at least thirty minutes doing quality time activities with the child in your life. Quality time supports your child’s growth and boosts his or her development. Quality time with a child exercises the mind, creates an avenue for learning, and enhances communication skills. Activities like this festive Fourth of July craft are simple and inexpensive! So, break out the paints for an evening of fun!
Here is what you will need:
- Toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls (2+)
- Nontoxic Paint
- Paper or large construction paper
- Safety Scissors
Here is what you will do:
- Help your child cut the toilet paper roll from edge to middle. Cut strips around the entire tube. If you have more than 1 tube, cut different length strips
- Fold the edges backwards. The end of the strips should touch the middle of the tube. This should create an octopus look to each tube
- Dip the folded edges in paint
- Stamp down on paper and twist the tube in a clockwise and counter clockwise motion
- Use a different color for each paper tube
Repeat the process on the paper, over the same image, with different colored paints. In no time you will have a page of exploding Fourth of July fireworks. Use sparkling paint or purchase glitter to sprinkle on top for a shimmering effect!
Quality time supports children while they are growing. Thirty minutes of quality time does wonders for a child’s future success. A child’s experiences during the first 1,000 days of a life help them grow into healthy toddlers and later adults. Give children the quality time they deserve from day one. For more QT 30 activities, visit our activities page or download our QT30 app!